A New Travel Concept
Enjoy Your Choice of Rewarding, Stimulating, Personalized Experiences
Secrets of Japan has been thoughtfully developed with a keen understanding for what offers joy and a deep sense of travel fulfillment.
Here we present choices of possible activities in the three regions we visit. These options are a mere sampling of what’s possible. Simply ask and your itinerary will be custom-tailored for you. Whatever the reason, whatever the request, we are committed to ensuring your experience is extraordinary.
Some of many Tokyo options you can enjoy:
- Take a class on health and longevity, with tips for anti-aging, weight loss, and healthful walking.
- See futuristic designs at the Panasonic Living Showroom.
- See offices of the future, with gardens, waterfalls, and crops inside an office space.
- Learn to make sushi with a master chef.
- Visit the Tokyo Stock Exchange.
- Browse the dazzling food halls of Ginza’s high-end department stores.
- Visit the high-tech world of pop culture at Akihabara.
- Hear innovative music technologies at Yamaha.
- Visit the world’s largest fish market with hundreds of unique species.
- Enjoy cocktails made by the “Best Bartender in the World.”
- See sumo wrestlers (if available—they travel throughout the world!).
- Enjoy sophisticated and traditional Japanese cuisine.
- Travel on Tokyo’s famous subway system, and feel the energy of the city.
- Explore the pulsing nightlife of Tokyo.
- Have a fun casual meal at an “izakaya”—popular happy hour establishments where Japanese people go to relax.
Some of many Kyushu Island options you can enjoy:
- See the active Mount Aso volcano and the beautiful surrounding countryside.
- Relax in your own private guesthouse with an outdoor hot spring.
- Rest in a charming traditional Japanese inn that was formerly a Buddhist retreat.
- Enjoy healthy, delicious, and beautiful kaiseki dinners.
- Learn how to make rice paper; dye clothing with indigo; or enjoy making glass or chopsticks.
- Learn the Buddhist secret to a happy life.
- Take a lesson in Zen meditation, or calligraphy, or observe a fire ritual demonstration.
- Join a Shinto priest as he explains his religion at a small shrine.
- Learn Japanese gardening techniques while touring a garden.
- Visit a honey bee farm.
- Visit a small rural school and enjoy interacting with the students.
- See a “zoo” of bonsai trees (seeing is believing!).
- Enjoy a lunch of freshly made buckwheat noodles (soba).
- Visit a small sake brewery.
Some of many Kyoto options you can enjoy:
- Ride the Shinkansen high speed train across the stunning countryside from Kyushu to Kyoto.
- See the kimono-clad ladies of the Gion geisha district.
- Take a calligraphy or ikebana class with a master in a private home.
- Try your hand at Japanese home cooking (it isn’t sushi!) with a Japanese housewife in her home.
- Be photographed in a beautiful kimono.
- Take a day excursion to Nara to see the world’s largest wooden building.
- Stay overnight in a Buddhist monastery.
- Learn the art of furoshiki cloth wrapping.
- See an origami paper folding demonstration, and learn to make a crane.
- Enjoy Japanese shiatsu massage.
- Shop for rare woodblock prints, Japanese antiques, green tea, pottery, and more.
- Experience an authentic Japanese tea ceremony.
- Learn to make traditional Japanese sweets.